Cyber security is the practice of protecting computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks and data from malicious attacks. It is also known as information technology security or electronic information security. The term applies to a variety of contexts from business to mobile computing and can divide into several general categories.
- Network security is the practice of protecting a computer network from intruders, whether it is target malware or opportunistic malware.
- Focuses on keeping application security software and devices safe. A compromised application may provide access to data that is design to protect it. Before installing a program or device, successful security begins at the design stage.
- Data security protects the integrity and confidentiality of data, both in storage and in transit.
- Operational security includes data asset management and protection processes and decisions. The permissions that users have when accessing a network and the methods that determine how and where data can store or share fall under this umbrella.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity define how an organization responds to a cyber-security incident or any other event that causes an operation or data loss. Disaster recovery policies indicate how the organization retrieves its activities and data to return to the same operating capacity as before the event. Business continuity is the plan that comes back when the company tries to run without specific resources.
- End-user education addresses the most unexpected cyber-security factor: humans. Anyone who fails to follow good security practices can accidentally inject a virus into an otherwise secure system. Teaching users to delete suspicious email attachments, not plugging in unknown USB drives, and other important lessons is vital to the security of any organization.
Some common cyber crimes such as
- Hacking a computer or device.
- Data theft.
- Network hacked.
- Data loss by entering the system illegally.
- Unauthorized System Access.
- Social Network Fraud
- Identity Theft
- Servers hacked or destroyed.
- Various other malicious attacks.
- Spreading Virus & Ransomware etc.
- Apart from these, there are many other types of cyber crimes that are commit through internet and technology.
Now cyber security is the process where computers and servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks and data etc. are protect from malicious attacks.
Simply put, cyber security is the activity that protects a computer, server, device or network from cyber crime or cyber attacks.
Let’s know what cyber security is, in detail below.
What is cyber security?
Cyber security is a piece of technology, process and practice that is use to protect networks, devices, programs and data from various cyber attacks, data theft, damage and unauthorized access.
Cyber security can also call information technology security or computer security.
At present, almost every government and non-government organization, company, etc., save various kinds of important data in their computer device (computer device).
For example, personal information, financial statements or information, confidential information, confidential files and documents, etc., such information (data) can be in a computer.
And, when the Internet is used in that computer device, it has to be connected to a huge network.
And it is through this network that a hacker (hacker) enters the computer through various means and there is a possibility of stealing the important data and files or destroying them.
Cyber security is the process of protecting your device and network within the Internet.
When we use the Internet or are connected to any network, there is always the fear of various dangers.
Because as I said before, hackers or people connected with cyber crime can enter our system through various means and use our personal data illegally or incorrectly.
And cyber security or cyber security is used to protect a computer device, network, server, etc. by preventing such dangers.
Hopefully, you have a better understanding of what cyber security means.
How does cyber security work?
As I said before, cybersecurity is the process by which networks, devices or programs protect or recover from any kind of cyberattack.
To provide cybersecurity services, there is an organization or team of cyber security experts who use a variety of programs, software or hardware, etc. to add some layers of protection to our computer, device, network, etc.
By adding these layers of protection, our network, computer system, program, data or server etc. are protected and hackers can not do any harm.
In this process the problems and vulnerabilities of a computer system are detect and the system is protect from security violations.
Why is cyber security important?
- Cybersecurity is important to keep the files, data, information, etc. in our computer safe.
- At present the number of hackers and cyber criminals has increase a lot and through them there is a lot of crime in the digital environment. Therefore, cyber security can keep these types of hackers away and safe.
- Cyber Security is very important to keep banking and financial data safe. Canaan, nowadays there are almost a lot of cases where money is stole digitally from a person’s bank account illegally.
- Cyber security is very important in keeping national security and defense system of the country safe.
- At present most of the work in government and private departments do through internet. In this case, Cyber Security is essential to keep the important information and data in the office systems secure. Stealing confidential data from a government department is a big deal.
What are the benefits and advantages of cyber security?
- Any device can attack a variety of threats, such as viruses, spyware, worms, ransomware, adware, malware, etc.
- These types of viruses and malware can save you from harm.
- Emergency data and information can be protected from theft.
- Security is provided within the network and unauthorized users or threats are not allow to enter the network.
- Online transactions can done in a secure way.